Sunday, October 8, 2006

Loneliness

I totally enjoyed myself at Russell Peters today! There was also another comedian... Angelo something.... Very funny Greek fat guy.

That was... from a week ago?? haha

__________________________________________

I've been sent on an assignment where I'm working with people from other departments. People I don't know. I'm usually pretty good in such situations and manage a friend or two by break time...

but this time...

I'm surrounded by people I've never seen before and they all know each other... that's isn't so bad... until they started conversing in Malay which I of course DON'T understand! I've nothing against Malay people nor the language but I've always tried my best not to speak Mandarin when my Malay friends are around so that they can join in the conversation. But it was so so difficult today! I totally sat in silence drawing some shit.

There were three other Chinese ladies around... one was too far for me to talk to. The other two were next to me...

One: I think if I want to get married...
Two: Ya?
One: I want to marry someone from St Stephen's or ACS like that.
Two: Ya ya... they are such nice boys.
One: Yup so gentlemenly and English Speaking...
Two: Ya I prefer english-speaking guys too but a little mandarin is ok la.
One: I cannot ah I cannot stand it.

I couldn't bear to hear the rest of the conversation and I shall spare you.

Well four days.. One down 3 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments... Do leave one behind. It will only show up after moderation. :)