Thursday, October 26, 2006

Oops! says Daddy

Oooo and last night MP Wee Siew Kim (daddy of Girlie in hot soup)...

"I am sorry that my statements carried in The Straits Times of Oct 24 offended some readers.

I should not have said what I did about people's inability to take the brutal truth and strong language.

I have also counselled my daughter Shu Min. She is fully aware and remorseful over her tone, insensitivity and lack of empathy.

I have advised her to learn from this.

We both apologise to the people whom we have offended, and especially Mr. Derek Wee."

MP Wee Siew Kim (The Straits Times, 26th October 2006)

Hmm You know the kind of people who try to say more to cover up for their mistake or to "clarify" what they mean? And when saying more, it just gets worse?

Girl: Do you think this looks good on me?
Boy: I think..... (long pause)
Girl: You take so long to reply... not nice meh?
Boy: No no... Not that it's not nice... Just that...
Girl: JUST THAT WHAT? VERY NOT NICE?
Boy: That's not what I mean... It's nice but not suitable for you....
Girl: What you mean? I CANNOT WEAR NICE DRESSES?
Boy: NO NO you are nice.. and the dress is nice but you don't fit the dress...
Girl: YOU MEAN I'M FAT?!
Boy: I didn't say you're FAT!
Girl: BUT YOU MEANT THAT!
Boy: ......

You know that kind of situation? Even in his apology, Daddy had to remind people of "their inability to take brutal truth and strong language." Which basically means that he stills thinks they're right. No empathy for the non-elitists.... (Everyone else.)

But I agree with Mr. (Ms.) Yang Sixiang... I'm sorry I can't figure your gender. But I totally agree that it should die down.... Let's wait for the next person to shoot down.

P/S i also agree that this is not just a lesson on insensitivity. BLAH.

Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments... Do leave one behind. It will only show up after moderation. :)