
I hate this.
Only so few can see the logic behind all this. The angry SG syndrome.
The question for the poll in question is:
WHO BENEFITS MOST FROM THE GST INCREASE?
The GST has to increase. Everything is getting more expensive. And Singapore imports almost every little shitass thing from other countries that do increase prices as supply goes down. (oil for example)
Inflation is a healthy sign that an economy is growing. If Singapore experiences deflation, then policemen will wear shorts and we'll start having coolies at PSA. Then ok lor, we can start giving our kids 10 cents for pocket money and get a few bucks for salary. The standard of living will be poor, healthcare will be shit, defense will be non-existant and education will be a luxury! The average lifespan will be short, there wun be ESPN nor Internet for the average person.
About 25% (or more) of the GDP in welfare states or other economy models go to welfare, means free healthcare and free education, etc. AND THEN some of these countries then have lousy roads, poor transportation systems and ABLE people who refuse to work... WHAT FOR? no need work can get money what! Unions "protect" these people and welfare is handed out freely... then they Strike protest strike protest... airports close down and thousands sleep there, firemen don't wanna work and the innocent die...
The employed in those countries are the ones paying for those who are on welfare... in easier terms... means I earn money pay tax for some arsehole who doesn't wan to work. What kind of logic is that?!
Have you seen pilots strike in Changi Airport? Have you seen how the roads in SG are constantly upgraded? Even bloody roads that dun have traffic? Have you seen how the trees are constantly pruned? Where does the money to build the MRT and all that come from? What about reclaiming land? Free one is it?
You think the 10 or 20 cent increase in bus fare can build an entire Circle Line? That money isn't even enough to cover the increase in running costs of the buses and MRTs.
About only 8% of our GDP goes to welfare stuff. The rest goes into infrastructure, SUBSIDISED education, defense, etc... and as many of you like to say.. the ministers' pockets. (that's another subject altogether and I dun want to talk about that today.) Defense takes up a huge chunk and the rest after. SG small country la... easy to take over. have to buy more powderful weapons.
When there was a decline, Garment started the building of the MRT Circle Line. The plan was done YEARS ago... why wait to build? SO that Garment can pump money back into the economy. So that can create jobs. So that SMEs can get some money . True, not ALL benefitted but some do. And when some do, they spend. When they spend, others will benefit and there's a ripple effect.
And where does the Garment get the money to pump back into the economy?
Rob bank ah? or Sell backside?
As long as it's not unreasonable... like asking us to pay 20% GST (some countries...) or 30% income tax for someone who earns $2k a month... what's wrong with 7% GST? lots of places absorb the bloody thing anyway.
I know I know... THEN HOW COME SALARY NO INCREASE?
I'm the one who should complain about that. I earn less than 2k and my increment for each year is only $80. Dunno when then will reach 2k. It sucks. and where I work... there's no competition among employers for employees. So no competitive salary.
Majority work in private industries anyway. Garment cannot say... OEI you must pay Meimei this amount ah! Cos We taking this amount from her.
Why blame the Garment when they can do nothing about salaries? (except the govt companies but then again that's another subject) Do a market research, talk to people, FIND OUT... and know what someone of your own level or capacity should be earning and wrestle for that amount. For some it will work, esp if you have proven yourself to be indispensible, for others, it may not. But what do you really expect? Life isn't fair one what.
Sigh I'm tired. I dun wanna go on. I know.
I'm an outcast when it comes to this subject. I just wish more people saw the big picture.
I'm glad to see some famous ones.. like Jaymee Ong and Choy agreeing... haiz.
tags: GST,
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to read comments... Do leave one behind. It will only show up after moderation. :)