Saturday, June 20, 2009

BonitoChico's Birthday!


One of my favourite blogshops!! I buy lots of dresses from them all the time.
AND... TODAY they celebrated their birthday at Raffles Town Club!
I was so happy to get an invite to go... lallala

(Psst. click on the picture above to go to the shop)

The party was to start at 2pm and I planned to go early...
But for all those who know me...
I'm never early.

Being punctual is already a rarity.
So I got there at 2.05pm...
And was greeted by this......

The queue was snaking up all the way from the ballroom up the stairs where I was!!!
There were many girls wearing Bonito's stuff today.
I did think of doing that but I didn't really want to be wearing the same as someone else.
Just in case she looks better in it than me.
(That's another story for another day anyways.)

I finally got in about 20 minutes later... and while queuing for my food...
the two emcees got on stage to welcome all of us. It was.. SUPER crowded.


I was alone btw. I was allowed to bring a guest but didn't.
So most people were in pairs.
So while I was queuing... there were two irritating girls behind me.
(details in the next post.)

They said they were going to give us high tea..
but there was so much variety!!
I reckon there were at least 10 dishes in the buffet.
Much better than I'd expected.
The only thing was that I had to hold the really heavy plate
and eat standing...

It wasn't so much of a problem, until...
they announced that the fashion show was going to start.
URGHHHH
I had the heavy plate in one hand...
Cammie in the other..
and the lights dimmed!!

Which explains why the first photo turned out like this...
Ultra blur.
FAIL.

Then I gobbled (so unglam) the rest of my food...
and things got better!



I know this is another blur shot but I really have to post this up.
I was hoping to buy this dress!!!
It's like..
SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO
NICE!

Then there was a teeny break for everyone
to mingle,
get more food,
to get to the ladies,
to get their manicures done *FREE*,
and of course...

TO TAKE PHOTOS!

These two very pretty ladies in the photo with me
are the shopowners!!!!
There's another but she was busy then and I didn't get a shot with her.
*sad*

Then... LUCKY DRAW TIME.

AIYAH... they called 231, 211...
but I'm 201!!!!!

And then I sneakily took a photo of...
the goodie bag I didn't manage to get...
all thanks to my bloody lateness.
I love that little flower they put on the bag!!

Then another fashion show!
WHoohoo!





I bought this dress!! (the one above) hahaha :)
I had a mini surprise when I saw this model! (above)
My friend's sister!! :)


And last but not least... Their inhouse model...
She's like uber pretty in real life...




After the fashion show... they started to put up the clothes to sell.

You can imagine the excitement...
Purple one ah? or the white one? or both?
I like that one leh...
The models were walking about and answering questions about the clothes...
Though it was a long wait...
I was so happy to get my dress and tube top.. haha
Will show off another day!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BONITOCHICO!


Just fyi, this is not an advertorial nor am I getting anything for doing this. This shop is really great as it updates regularly, there's a variety of designs to suit most tastes and the girls are really polite and try to provide really good service where they can. :)

17 comments:

  1. I SAW YOU! ALONE! (:
    I was with my friend, and standing around you.
    Was in the pink/pirple tube smocked dress, if you recall there was this person (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi rain! I think so... you were nearby when I sneaked that goodie bag shot... around the centre? :) Nice "meeting" you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    I know you! I said hi to you cos i like your blog and read it often. But u gave the 'okay, i think she's mad' look so i siam away. Haha.

    Not sure if u remember. I was the short girl in purple dress, black cardigan. Haha! :)

    kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi babe, this is grace's sister :P saw your link in BC's website and realised it was the friend my sister told me about! just wanna say thanks for voting for me! :) and i saved some pictures from this post, hope you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim!! I do remember you from the party... I'm so so so sorry!! I didn't think you were mad but I was certainly caught off-guard and was frantically thinking of what to say!! Stupid me. That shows exactly how bimbotic (AND shy) I am. :) I noticed you have a spree blog and bookmarked it. haha Will drop by for some shopping when I can (have the money.) :) Thanks for saying hi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Abi! :) You're welcome. I have to vote for the deserving right? :) Hope I'll see you in BC's collections!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha. Dont worry dear.

    Anyway, no need to bookmark la.
    I only organise sprees at _spreee to help my friends who wanna order.

    I do not believe in profitting from sprees because online shopping is such a pleasant experience, everyone should do it! YAY! :)

    You have a good week ahead ya? :)

    Cheers,
    kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next time asked me to go with you mah..
    I would love to go to these events *droooll*

    I can also help you take photos with your readers ... if you want.. i can also be ur manager.. :p

    I can also bring you ur mocktail, ur sandwiches, hold ur bag... see I am so handy to have around.. keke..

    So..consider bringing me to the events hor! *droooll*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim! Sprees are such temptations. :P You have a good week ahead too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wealth Journey.. haha Sure thing!! Can imagine you drooling away. tsk tsk. You can hold my plate whilst I take photos. lol Next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think one of the models very swee leh, the 5th pic from the top ^^""

    ReplyDelete
  12. i wished i was able to go with u!! still got clothes to buy there! Lucky u! :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Old Beng... haha too bad you were not there then you could have voted for her! She's very sweet la :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. mrspiglet... No choice ba. there'll always be next time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. If many ppl come in their clothes means got people wear same ting?? :p

    Looks good. Should check it out yo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. mmm thankfully no one did! Or at least I didn't notice anyone wearing exactly the same thing... haha isn't that amazing? :) They have sold so many pieces of clothing that no one wore the same...

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello! i happened to read BC's bday bash comments and i came across yr blog. yeah i think BC has really nice clothes man! totally adore them :) anw, did u mention on yr blog about the white dress pic that u like and its so so so so nice and u gotta get it? if it's that picture, the model is me. haha. im jasmine :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments... Do leave one behind. It will only show up after moderation. :)