I've been looking for a daily planner aka diary aka schedule book for weeks now.
Yes, it's an annual nightmare I put up with. There was one year when I gave up and I bought a notebook. I then diligently wrote the dates on every page. It was only much later that I realised I wrote the dates wrongly. hahahahahah :P
So I went back to purchasing...
I only have SOME requirements.....
1) Must have Monthly pages
2) Must have Weekly pages which should spread across two pages
3) Should have enough space for writing
4) Must not be too small (otherwise it's difficult to find in my big bag)
5) Must not be too big / heavy (otherwise it'll weigh down my already big bag)
6) Must have some design on the outside and not be too childish / gaudy
7) If there are words on the book, they should be grammatically correct.
8) Must NOT have too many useless pages which I won't use
9) Should have some pages decorated so that I feel happier writing in it
10) Preferably with a pocket compartment for me to put my stickers in
11) Preferably with a strap to keep the book closed when it's in my bag
Like this one...
I liked it a lot.. but there was one problem. It says..."A cute riding red hood is walking in front of a wolf."
This kind of thing can cost me my job.
So I began my annual search two weeks ago but I wasn't successful.
Today I was determined to get my planner. My boss smsed to tell me that she saw a shop with lots of planners at Parkway. I made my way to Parkway at noon today.
I scoured the shop twice and flipped every planner in the store.
Too bulky, too messy, too much wastage on graphics, too heavy, too much bad language, too childish, too flimsy, too thick, too thin, too light, too heavy, too little space, too much space, too many nonsensical pages.
I caught sight of a design I saw online which I loved... I pounced on it.... only to discover that it was a card holder. urgh.
So I went to Borders Parkway.
Same thing.
Then I head down to Suntec, Marina, Raffles City...
No luck.
Then... Borders @ Wheelock... YUCKS... exactly the same as the Parkway store...
Then finally after 8 hours of hunting....... in a little shop at Ion Orchard.....
Little colourful graphics on every page and they change every month!
And the best part is that they don't affect the amount of space I can write on.
There are even little pages behind where I can record expenses and make wishlists...
It's relatively light.
There's an address book behind which I won't use... and it's DETACHABLE! yay
I can put my stickers into the compartment where the address book is.
There's only one little thing it doesn't have...
the bookstrap. But it's ok... :) I'll get a separate one.
Now... hunt for the bookstrap.
And the best part is that they don't affect the amount of space I can write on.
There are even little pages behind where I can record expenses and make wishlists...
It's relatively light.
There's an address book behind which I won't use... and it's DETACHABLE! yay
I can put my stickers into the compartment where the address book is.
There's only one little thing it doesn't have...
the bookstrap. But it's ok... :) I'll get a separate one.
Now... hunt for the bookstrap.
congratulations on the find. been hunting for one with my girlfriend for the longest time.
ReplyDeleteMy observations:
ReplyDelete1) You can shop for 8 hrs straight!!?
2) You don't like childish, just girly.
3) You're into details.
Mr conclusions:
You're fussy.
P.S. That looks really small to me. It's the size of your hand from finger to palm?
Hi Mr Anon! You can bring her to Kiki at Ion! It's just at the MRT exit. They have lots of other designs which seem rather practical to
ReplyDeleteHello Adrian! haha I got carried away. My boss told me I'm too anal about such things. :) But I believe if it's something you're going to be staring at for some time.. it had better be GOOD! :) You're good! It's from the tip of my middle finger to base of my palm. :)
You're a saviour. This would make a perfect x'mas gift.
ReplyDeleteThanks!