Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fussy

I recently noticed that I've become much fussier over nitty gritty details. When documents given to me are related but in different fonts or font sizes, I get very bothered and obsessed with the thing. The other day, my boss caught me working on the computer, trying to shift the tiny picture by a teeny millimetre. She told me to leave it but I kept on shifting until it was perfect. Then she said, "Like that, you better not get married!"

hahahaha

I can imagine myself fussing over everything. I remember that one time when my colleague asked me to take a look at the montage she made for her banquet. I was polite and answered that it's fine after viewing it once. She pressed on and asked me if there's anything wrong... then I told her that the way the pictures were appearing is not following the rhythm of the tune. And that the sequence of the photos do not follow the mood of the song. LOL I wonder how many people would notice that.

Imagine... I'll probably drive the bridal people, the F&B people nuts... I can fuss over the photographs, the locations, the gowns, suits, hand bouquets, makeup, hairdo, nails, albums, food, hotels, table arrangements, floral arrangements, decorations, invitations, thank you cards, receptions, table seating......... hahahahah unbelievable.

But since I'm not even close to making that sort of decision, that's a worry for a future far away.

**************************************************************************

A family dinner two weeks ago...






Back to work!

4 comments:

  1. You are very suitable to be a civil servant.
    They obsessed with all the nitty gritty (down to the last full stop). I think it's fine to be nitty gritty if it is critical to the outcome of the project but if changing how the sentences are phrased or fullstops or pictures does not altered the big picture a bit, don't fret over it.

    I've worked in pte and public before and I still like pte companies more :) Unless of course you are a scholar..

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the wedding stuff, my wife and I were just so glad to get everything over and done with! It's fun to be the man and woman of the hour, but what's really important is how well you click together when the lights are off, and everyone has left. When it's just the both of you, that's paradise on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WJ >> bingo! haha I'm the kind of CS who needs to be even more fussy otherwise I will appear in the New Paper like some of my comrades recently. *if you know what I mean*


    adrian>> I reckon so. When I see how tired my friends are I really pity them... At the end of it all, all they wanted was for the thing to be over and to sleep! Sad really... shouldn't a wedding be for the two people to enjoy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. About the wedding thingy, I paid and used this product (http://animoto.com) for one of my wedding photo montage. I bet u will be impress by this simple piece of application. Hee. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments... Do leave one behind. It will only show up after moderation. :)