Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thoughts about that decision I made

mm I reckon they won't be here reading...

Last year, my boss asked me to take on a position.. to do a more coordinating kinda role. There's not raise involved just more shit work basically.

I was hesitant at first... for two reasons. The first would be my incapability to express myself completely and coherently. Especially when in a meeting when I have to speak. I hate being misunderstood as stuffy, inflexible and indignant about the whole thing. I'm not.. but... haiz.

the other is... I'm afraid I would lose my friends. Today was step one. tomorrow? I shall just sleep on this. I'm too tired.

Haven't slept much in the last 5 days. I really should.

23 comments:

  1. "A ship, like a human being, moves best when it is slightly athwart the wind, when it has to keep its sails tight and attend its course. Ships like men, do poorly when the wind is directly behind, pushing them sloppily on their way......
    What is needed is a wind slightly opposed to the ship, for then tension can be maintained, and juices can flow and ideas can germinate; for ships, like men, respond to challenge."
    - James A. Michener, Chesapeake -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some ppl like u are a bad judge of character.Everything also complaint.Wake up lah.Got a job still making noise.Lose friends? U go there to work not to think about friends.Grow up.And stop being an emotional time bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mm There is something wrong with your comment... what has "bad judge of character" got to do with "always complain"? Although I do both but seriously... there's no link. Is there something wrong with your choice of words? :) Yes I do love to complain.. I'm Singaporean after all. Thanks for coming to read my complaints. :)

    And I'm grown up and old... another reason for complaining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't make a mockery of other Sporeans by saying Sporeans love to complaint.U like to complaint doesn't equate Sporeans like to complaint.Guess people around you never give you a wake up call before to ask you to stop you whinning.Well it's about time you learn to appreciate things around you.Why don't you focus on doing a better job and make good what the co paid you for to do.Instead of complaning and losing sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my space and I can do whatever I want. You have a right to say whatever you want which is why I publish what you say. :) I'm glad I have "stalkers" like you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didnt say its not your space. Nor did I say you didnt have a right to say what you wanna say. I just say, stop complaining, Complaining and saying are totally two different things altogether. Just because someone comes here and say something, means he/she is a stalker? Well, you're not that great to qualify yourself for having a stalker :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. complaining is a form of speech/saying if you can't even understand something so simple. :) You're able to answer every one of my comments so promptly... far more promptly than any other reader... In my dictionary... I'd say you're a "stalker". By the way... mine's in apostrophes. :) Not your conventional meaning of stalker. *yawn*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess you live up to you name as a "bimbo".But what is lacking in conventional bimbo std is that they at least have the looks which seems you don't :p Wow complaining is a form of speech.I hope you use this form of speech more often.I am sure you will just get onto someone's nerve one fine day.And will see u bitching about this in your blog.Can't wait to see what a spoilt child like u has to blog then....hehehehe.Btw since u insists me to sign up as your stalker,well what can I say.As usual you live in your own fantasy world.Emotional and moody walking being that just complaints and whines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow u r not too bad yourself,quick on the draw to reply.Looking forward to read your next whinning session while others here have more important problems to think of like puttin food on table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahah this is my blog... they send notifications to my account. Of course I'm fast to reply. Well quite obviously, you're not one of those "others" who have more important problems like putting food on the table. :) You're more engrossed in my blog!! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bobo, I've been handed a problem at work myself, and I realized that to be effective in my new scope of work, I need to change my own methods. Sometimes, you just can't keep doing things the same old way, when your job has increased in its scope. Especially if you experience lack of time and being misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's wrong if one likes to complaint? BTW, is Bobo complaining? The way I read it, no.

    Anyway, even if she is complaining, what has that got to do with anyone?

    >> U like to complaint doesn't equate Sporeans like to complaint
    Well, most Sporeans like to complaint or in other words, voicing out their views; Some say it behind closed doors, some say it in coffe shop, speakers' corner, some say it in the forum and some say it in their own playground.

    >> I guess you live up to you name as a "bimbo".But what is lacking in conventional bimbo std is that they at least have the looks which seems you don't
    So you think you are decent looking enough to give such comment? One who is not brave enough to have a name except Anonymous, ha!

    Bobo, like I always say, no point in arguing with a nameless, gutless, faceless person especially in cyber world, winning over an argument is like winning an argument over a 5 year-year-old child in reality, totally pointless.

    Your blog, you write the way you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Adrian... thanks for the advice! mm it reminds me of something someone else just said to me.. if I want things to change... then I do things differently in order for the result to change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lao Beng.. haha thanks. I hardly took offense really as I know the comments are baseless and probably written just to get some reaction from me. Nonetheless it was nice to have someone so engrossed in my blog that he would answer so promptly. heh. :) Thank you for standing up for me!!! :) and yup. I'll continue to write all my nonsense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Agreed with Beng. No point arguing over such stuff. It kinda makes you looked equally childish as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I guess what you're experiencing will get better as time pass.

    All the best for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wealth Journey>> :) yuppers. But I can't help but admit that he provided some distraction from the endless work I have these days.

    dennis>> Thank you! Same to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bimbo u must be damn sad that you need a stranger like me to provide you a distraction? So unexciting your life huh?U should consider changing job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Somebody, remind Bobo to post again. The misadventures of a brainy bimbo. Really, who says "Yuppers"? I've never ever heard anyone say that, not in real life, not even on satellite tv.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adrian :) YUPPERS! I've been saying that since goodness knows when. Alright! Post tonight! :) mm I'm trying to figure if I say it in real life. mm

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ya.. they do.. Yuppers => Someone who says Yups.

    Like.. driver => seomeone who drives
    swimmer => someone who swims..
    teacher => someone who teaches..

    but can someone tell me why the person who cooks is not a cooker?

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahhahaha What an answer! funny! Distracted me from my ENTRY!

    Besides cooker, are there any other examples?

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments... Do leave one behind. It will only show up after moderation. :)