Saturday, April 17, 2010

What? No hands and legs ah?

Was in the cab queue at Tampines Mall just. As anyone knows, Tampines is a madhouse on Saturdays... The only right phrase to describe it would be "people mountain people sea". As you would expect, the queue for cabs was one nice long snaking one around the bend.

It doesn't help that it was horribly humid and hot. After waiting for a bit it was finally my turn. First one in the queue.

wOOOOooOOhoo!

Not.

This nice blue Comfort cab pulled up. There was a guy in the front seat and I could see another behind him. The guy in front paid and they got out of the cab. Then I noticed the cab uncle turning back to look at the back seat... he had a puzzled look on his face.

Then the guy who was in the back seat walked over to the other side....

*Oh he has some stuff on the other side* I thought to myself so I waited patiently.

He opened the door on the other side...and a girl.. whose hands were able and not carrying anything much stepped out as glamorously as she could.

WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now... if she were holding a lot of stuff.. or had bulky stuff I can understand.
If she were injured.. I can understand..
If she were late in her pregnancy I can also understand.

BUT she was a young-20ish girl who was completely capable of opening the door herself and was only carrying a tiny handbag!

Sure if the guy is REALLY driving his own car (preferably at least a BMW) and he wants to open the door for her he can do it 100000000000000000 times over and I couldn't care less!

But for goodness sake, there were tons of people waiting for her to get her taitai ass out of the cab and time is equivalent to money for the cab driver and all those behind him. Why can't she (and he for that matter) be more considerate for that matter???

I really have an intense dislike for girls who can't use their hands and legs for the most basic things. It's one thing to be pampered but another to be completely disabled and wait for people to serve you hand and foot.

Reminds me of another digusting incident a while back.

I was at the second floor of Mac next to Bras Basah and there was a girl sitting next to me. It was apparent that she was waiting for her bf to bring the food up which I guess is reasonable since it's always nice to reserve seats first...

But lo' and behold, this poor guy appears balancing a tray with two extra value meals while he had 6-7 shopping bags hanging off his elbows.

?! Why can't she bring up the shopping FIRSTTTT?????? She was only carrying her small workbag which could be hung from the shoulder. Ridiculous!!!!

Urgh. women who give women a bad name. *urgh*

4 comments:

  1. Wished I could see what she looked like. PYT?

    The difference between Western and Eastern culture...when I was overseas, guys always held the door opened for gals and women. When I came back, out of habit I held the door open for my female relatives and caused a human traffic jam...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we must do according to cultural context ma... it's ok if everyone is doing it then everyone is expected to do so. It's still wasting time (the way I see it) but it's socially expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sign...some ladies just want to be treated as 大小姐 and expect to be waited on hand and foot, and since you mentioned that she looked like she's in her 20s, she's probably from the Y-generation that are more pampered and spoilt.

    But you won't be complaining if your bf were to pamper you with the same treatment right ? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. on the contrary.. I will slap the guy for doing such a thing.... so pai seh getting out and seeing all the irate people waiting for me to get out of the cab. :) I have hands and legs... will get out of the cab on my own, thank you. hahahah :P

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments... Do leave one behind. It will only show up after moderation. :)